Gather Heal Learn Protect Work

Scottsbluff High School

Studio 120 Architecture designed the new Scottsbluff High School, a state-of-the-art facility designed around the Career Academy learning model.  Our team worked closely with the staff to identify programming needs and to design a plan for a combination of a new build and renovation that would see 80% of the school be completely replaced and rebuilt, while preserving and renovating the remaining 20% of the building. We designed an entirely new classroom wing, a new library, a new kitchen and cafeteria commons area, new locker rooms, a new auxilliary gym, and shop wing. The only portions of the existing building that will remain after construction is complete is the auditorium and the main competition gym.

Construction began in October 2015 and will progress over a series of phases for approximately 2-1/2 years, which will allow for the school to operate while the new portions of the building are built.